Monday, June 6, 2011

Killing the Giants.

What up peeps?! I finally have some down time here in NMB to update you on the past week. I've been pretty busy the past week - I have a job at a grocery store 2 miles away in the bakery, and I fry and make donuts! I do some other random stuff as well...Anyway. I work at 5:30am 5 days a week and I'm done by 1pm, which is pretty sweet. But it's so early!

Last night at our weekly meeting was my first time leading worship for our project. We had practice as a band yesterday afternoon for a couple hours, and it was a really cool growing experience to just let God lead the way. It's gonna be stretching this summer as my co-leader Jeff and I lead the team in worship. Our team's goal is to encourage an environment of worship not just on Sunday nights, but every day by building each other up and making sure that everything we do is for the purpose of glorifying God (Romans 12:1).

Every week has a theme, and this week is called "Killing the Giants." Our biggest focus of the week is evangelism, and we were all to set individual goals of the number of spiritual conversations we initiate and presentations of the gospel. It's going to be a stressful and crazy week, as many people are still anxious about sharing the gospel with strangers. The point of the week is to get rid of as many of these anxieties as possible and for everyone to be totally comfortable with stepping out in faith, walking in the power of the Holy Spirit, and being willing to share the gospel with other people. Please pray for me this week as I'm still struggling with being willing to step out of my comfort zone!

Well...that's pretty much it for now. I'm actually about to go sharing right now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment